How does Operation Cookies From Home (CFH) work? Operation Cookies From Home is a partnership between GSEP and the USO to provide Girl Scout Cookies to men and women of the Armed Forces throughout the world.
Troops may have taken orders for Cookies From Home and the money ($3.50 a package) should have been collected at the time the donation was made. Girl Scouts selling CFH get credit for this sale just like any other package of cookies sold. Below please find the Operation Cookies From Home procedure:
- At the end of the Cookie Program, the Troop Cookie Manager should add up the entire Cookie from Home orders from all the girls and booth sales.
- If the troop has any cookie inventory remaining, those cookies should be applied against the Cookie from Home orders. For example, a troop has collected CFH donations for 50 packages and has 36 packages of Thanks a Lots remaining from their sale. Those 36 packages can be turned into the locations at the dates/times listed below. The personnel at the designated locations will use the M3 Receipt Book to accept the cookies. The M3 will have the SU#, Troop#, cookies by variety in packages, and the signature of the person turning them in. Council personnel will counter sign the M3 and issue a receipt to the providing troop/Service Unit. The troop still needs to acquire 14 packages of cookies to fill their CFH order. Using the method below, this troop must transfer the needed 14 packages into their troop account in Snap™ from the CFH Cupboard. This is called a "CFH Virtual Transfer."
- Steps to complete CFH Virtual Transfers in Snap™:
- Click on the COOKIE icon
- Select "Create a Transfer Order"
- Select "From a Troop to a Troop"
- Choose "CFH Cookies From Home" as the Service Unit and "900900" as the troop
- Transfer to your Troop#
- Use "CFH" as the Order Reference number
- Fill in the number of packages needed
- Location near Jane Seltzer TBD, Saturday, March 10 from 9:00 AM to 2:00 PM
- Delaware County Service Center, Saturday, March 10 from 9:00 AM to 2:00 PM
- Schuylkill Valley School District Building, Saturday, March 10 from 9:00 AM to 2:00 PM
- Shelly Ridge Service Center, Saturday, March 17 from 9:00 AM to 2:00 PM
- Valley Forge Service Center, Saturday, March 17 from 9:00 AM to 2:00 PM
- Lehigh Valley Service Center, Saturday, March 17 from 9:00 AM to 2:00 PM
We are looking for approximately 10 Cadette, Senior or Ambassador Girl Scouts to assist at each Cookies From Home drop location. If you know girls interested in helping us out, please contact Amanda Harrity at email@example.com. Girls will be selected on a first-come, first-served basis at each location.