Girl Scouts of Eastern Pennsylvania is excited to divulge our fresh ideas for the 2012 Cookie Program.
- While the cost of Girl Scout Cookies is rising across the nation, we are happy to report that our cookies will remain $3.50/package.
- Look for more information to be posted about two new contests we are running this year: The 100th Anniversary Challenge—2012 in 2012 and the Bling Your Booth Contest.
- ACH (Automated Clearing House): 21 Service Units are participating in this pilot. ACH will be launched as a council-wide project starting with the 2012 Nuts About Reading Program.
- District Booths:
- District Booths are booths that are being managed by a location manager who will be distributing booth timeslots and overseeing the location. The District Booth Pilot Project is an attempt by GSEP to see if there may be a viable solution to the inequality of booth distribution, as is sometimes the case with the snap™ lottery system. This will involve four Council-sponsored Booth Locations: Palmer Park Mall, Crayola Factory, Lehigh Valley Service Center, Plymouth Meeting Mall. The link for troops to enter their requests for a District Booth will be posted on the “Cookie Booth” web page on December 2, 2011.
- As Girl Scouts start to celebrate our 100th Anniversary, so too will the packaging on our traditional Shortbread cookie! Keep an eye out for this special packaging to be revealed.
- Last year we received several comments that the 500 package qualification level for Adventure Credits to was too steep, so we made a change. This year in order to qualify for Adventure Credits, girls will need to sell 300 packages of cookies to receive a $25.00 Adventure Credit Voucher.