Attention Brownies and Juniors!
Saturday, October 8, 2011 GSEP will be holding a Nuts About Reading rally at the Valley Forge Service Center for Brownies and Juniors. The Nuts About Reading Program will become familiar to these girls through crafts, taste-testing of products, and fun learning exercises—plus they’ll receive a Nuts About Reading Patch just for coming!
Valley Forge Service Center
Valley Forge, PA
Saturday, October 8, 2011
1:30 – 4:00 PM
Cost: $3.00 per girl; Safety-wise adult ratios only
Please note: Adults in attendance are welcome to stay with their girls or may attend an adult-only session where they can try out our nut and candy products and learn about our Nuts About Reading Program.
Click here to register for “Rally the Troops—Nuts About Reading Kickoff Event” through our eBiz Portal. Just sign in and type "Rally" in the search box.
Friday, September 30, 2011
Thursday, September 29, 2011
The Nuts About Reading Program offers girls a chance to sell products at booths secured at community events or festivals. These booths are secured by either the Troop Leader or Troop Nuts about Reading Manager. The great thing about nut and candy booths is that the troop can return items that aren’t sold!
Why Nut About Reading Booths?
Why Nut About Reading Booths?
- Booths are a great way for troops to get a jump start on their money-earning goals and to become “team” oriented at the beginning of the year!
- Booths offer a unique opportunity for girls to spread the word about how being a Girl Scout has impacted their lives and to inspire others to sign up!
- Booths offer girls a chance to make their Girl Scouting presence known in their communities.
Troops interested in holding a nut and candy booth should:
- Be in touch with their SUNAR, letting them know when and where the booth will be held.
- Know that these booths, unlike cookie booths, should only be held at community events.
- Be aware that these booths also serve as membership recruitment opportunities, so membership flyers will be supplied with the nuts and candy.
Unsold product may be returned to GSEP (at the same location where the product was obtained) as long as it has not been damaged, and should be done so within two business days of the event.
Instructions for obtaining product for a nut and candy booth:
Instructions for obtaining product for a nut and candy booth:
- Troops should first contact their SUNAR to inform him or her about the specifics of their booth (such as date/time/location). The Troop contact should fill out the Product Request Form and email/fax this form to Alex Dadio at firstname.lastname@example.org or 215-564-6953.
- The information from the Product Request Form will be processed by GSEP and the product will be available for pickup at the Service Center on the date requested. Any unsold products may be returned to GSEP (at the same location where the product was obtained) as long as it has not been damaged, and should be done so within two business days. After October 30, 2011, GSEP Product Program Department will enter all booth transactions into Nut-e.
Wednesday, September 28, 2011
GSEP’s Nuts About Reading Program offers a copious assortment of nuts and candy, as well as magazines for girls to sell to raise money for troop activities. Each troop can chose their own selling time during the dates of September 19 and October 24. Outlined below are the various nut and candy items that can be sold.
- NEW! Three Pack (5 oz each): One can each of Honey Roasted Cashews, Spicy Peanuts and Wasabi Almonds.
- Chocolate Covered Pretzels (7 oz): A favorite sweet and salty snack. Crunchy pretzels covered in smooth milk chocolate.
- NEW! Mint Treasures (6 oz): Smooth chocolate with a hint of mint.
- Whole Cashews (8 oz): A classic favorite roasted and salted to perfection.
- Chocolate Covered Raisins (11 oz): The plumpest raisins covered in smooth milk chocolate.
- Chocolate Covered Almonds (10 oz): Crunchy almonds cover in milk chocolate.
Pistachios (7.5 oz): Natural pistachios roasted and salted in the shell.
- NEW! Blueberry Pomegranate Nut Crunch (6 oz): Tasty squares of almonds, cashews, pistachios, blueberries and pomegranate.
- Gummi Berries (12 oz): These fat-free gummi candies are bursting in five fruit flavors.
- Cranberry Nut Mix (7 oz): A tasty mix peanuts, raisins, cranberries, cashews, banana chips, almonds and walnuts.
- Honey Roasted Peanuts (9 oz): Peanuts roasted with a touch of honey.
- Peanut Squares (9 oz): Peanuts coated in a delicious candy crunch.
- Peanut Butter Dreams (5.1 oz): A scrumptious treat made of peanut butter and milk chocolate.
- Deluxe Pecan Clusters (5.1 oz): Crunchy pecans covered in caramel and milk chocolate.
Tuesday, September 27, 2011
Has your Girl Scout sent out emails to friends and family yet or asked her parent(s) to invite Facebook friends? If not, she is missing out on exciting activities that are part of the QSP/Nut Online Program.
When sending emails and/or posting to a parent’s wall in Facebook, friends and family will have the option to renew or purchase their favorite magazines and/or to make nut promises while supporting their Girl Scout.
All orders resulting from emails sent and Facebook friends track back to the Detailed Order Report. At the end of the Nuts About Reading Program, the parent can simply login and print the “Detailed Order Report.” This report needs to be given to the Troop Nuts About Reading Manager to receive the “Online” patch and credit towards proceeds and recognitions for all subscriptions and nut promises made online by the conclusion of the program.
Click on the QSP/Nut Online Link to get started!
We are excited to offer new features and products to the 2011 Nuts About Reading Program.
6 oz Mint Treasures: A mix of chocolate and mint that will melt in your mouth offered in the “Journey of a Lifetime 100th Anniversary Girl Scout” tin. Price $8.00
6 oz Blueberry Pomegranate Nut Crunch: A combination of sweet blueberries and crunchy nuts offered in a new stand-up, re-sealable bag. Price: $6.00
Pop Top Three Pack: 5 oz Honey Roasted Cashews; 5 oz Spicy Peanuts; 5 oz Wasabi Almonds, packed together to create a perfect holiday gift. Price: $10.00
7 oz Holiday School House Village Tin: This collector’s tin contains a favorite sweet and salty snack—Chocolate Covered Pretzels. Price: $8.00
We are pleased to be offering more than 60 digital magazines on qsp.com this fall! Leading titles for Fall 2011 include Woman’s Day, Good Housekeeping, Oprah, Seventeen, and Parenting. People, Time, and Sports Illustrated plan to give print subscribers free access to a digital version of the magazines as well. Most of the digital magazines QSP offers will be fulfilled via the Zinio platform, which is device-neutral. That means subscribers can access their digital content from computers, iPads, other tablet devices, mobile phones, etc.
Pay Up Front Magazine Forms: During the order taking period, girls will collect money for magazine orders. Customers will then keep the pink copies of the QSP subscription forms. Please keep in mind that girls do NOT collect money upfront for nuts and candy. This process of paying up front for magazines will allow customers to receive their magazines sooner.
ACH Pilot: ACH stands for Automated Clearing House (ACH) and is the process used for direct deposit and electronic bill payment. As GSEP moves toward a Council-wide implementation of ACH for both Product Programs during the 2012-2013 Product Program year, we are going to be piloting ACH with a select group of Service Units for the 2011 Nuts About Reading year.
NAR Bucks (Voucher): This year a girl will be given the option to choose whether she would prefer to receive NAR Bucks (a voucher good for use at GSEP Retail Shops, GSEP Programs/Events, GSEP Summer Camps, Neighobrhood Day Camps or for Gold/Silver Award expenses) or an incentive such as a plush arctic fox or ribbon tote for combined Nut/Candy and Magazine sales.
Monday, September 19, 2011
Girl Scouts of Eastern Pennsylvania partners with QSP and Ashdon Farms for the 2011 Nuts About Reading Program. This year’s program will run from September 19 through October 24.
Each year a motivational mascot and theme are selected to unify the program’s focus and efforts.
Theme and Mascot
This year’s Nuts About Reading theme is Investing in Today=Success for Tomorrow. This theme encourages girls to invest their time and effort to accomplish their goals. They are also investing in their “tomorrows” as competent and successful adults who work, lead and care intensely.
Meet this year's mascot, “Arlie” the arctic fox. An arctic fox is a master of survival and has key features that help it to thrive in the wild. It has deep, thick fur that changes color with the seasons, a thick tail to aid in balance and furry paws that allow it to walk on ice. Just as the arctic fox has finely tuned survival features, our Nuts About Reading Program helps teach girls skills to thrive in the business world.
Check out this year's Nuts About Reading patch set! Each year an interlocking patch is created as part of the program. Each piece represents an achievement of a different aspect of the program for that year.
Thursday, September 15, 2011
GSEP Product Program Department asked for your help through our GSEP Thin Mints Facebook account to create a name for our Product Program Blog. Congratulations to CoraLee Jones Kline for coming up with the winning blog name, "Nuts About Cookies!" She will receive a $10.00 voucher that can be redeemed at any GSEP Retail Store.